Friday, July 1, 2011

07.01.2011: How Well Do You Know Your Teammates

Its been really neat observing as the bonds amongst players form on this team. Some of it is simply who you sit next to on the bus one trip, or who plays a similar position, or who you flew in town with--all really simple. Being on the road so much to start the year has definitely expedited the process.

So, I am trying to change things up and keep things interesting. I decided to take the double play combination of Joe De Pinto and David Herbek and had them play a little game. They kind of took it in a different direction, but they had fun with it and I think it turned out ok...

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure who is writing this blog, but it is fantastic. I read about 30 blogs a day and none is better than this one. Between the comedy of the players and the in depth look inside the clubhouse, you really feel as if you are a part of the team. Whoever gave you the flip camera: GENIUS!!! I cannot wait to see this team play ball, and who knows if Great Falls Baseball is any good, but you must have the funniest team in the league. Joe is hilarious! So is David.

    I listened to a game earlier in the week, and the commentator was very good. It sounds like he has been doing this job for years. I wonder why he is only doing A ball as experienced as he must be. I bet he is 35-40 years old.

    Congrats to Joe for his first professional home run!

    ReplyDelete