Thursday, July 22, 2010

07.22.2010: Big Game Baseball

It's a big series for the Lunkers starting tonight as both the Lunkers and their opponents, the Alexandria Beetles, have 7-3 second half records, tied atop the North. Big baseball in Brainerd! I am not going to lie, I am really, really pumped. It's always more fun to broadcast good baseball, but with the way this team began the season, it's great that the players have an opportunity to play in some big games!

So I must apologize for the lack of activity on this blog. I will do my best to pick it up as the we get set the start the final 25 games of the season. Here's to all 25 of these games mattering in the standings for the Lunkers! Cheers!

We have two video additions for you: Stephen Wickens and Rob Matthews.


The All-Star Break was tons of fun. I, along with fellow workers Nate Hanson and Mike Jacobson, Assistant GM Dustin Anaas, Coach Lev, and the team's three All-Stars--Kyle Teague, Nick Anderson, and Chadd Krist--made the trip to Eau Claire, WI for the festivities. It was awesome getting to meet other staff members around the league, specifically the coaches. I was hoping to meet more fellow broadcasters but not nearly as many as I would have hoped made the trip. I did meet J.W. Cox from the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters of the South and he and I hit it off. Unfortunately, I won't get to see J.W. or the other Rafters staff members I met because the North and South don't play. On one end, it was great meeting people from the South because you don't see them, but it was disappointing meeting people from the South because you don't see them...if that makes sense.

I want to thank Scott Montesano, the voice of the Eau Claire Express, and the Northwoods League for presenting me with the opportunity to broadcast part of the All-Star Game. It was an honor.

Got to get ready for tonight's game! Let's get a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment