Friday, September 2, 2011

08.02.2011: Big Time Baseball

Plain and simple: I am PUMPED. Two teams. Same record. One playoff spot. A two-game series. No better way to try and get some separation than play mono e mono.

Going to Missoula was a tall task. On paper, taking 2 of 3 would have been a big win, but a sweep? That's rising to the occasion. Hats off to Mark Haddow, Kevan Smith, and the pitching staff. And how about David Herbek? He hit .247 in August but had a team-high 19 RBIs. That, to me, further builds towards the point that he gets BIG hits. He might go 0-for-the-season with nobody on base in a 10-run ballgame, but with runners on base or in any big spot, he delivers and he did so again in the series.

During the road trip my FlipCam got hijacked again, this time by Stew Brase. Once again, I utilize this blog to bring you closer to the team, not for my own self-promotion. But, I ask these guys for their time day after day, so if they want to have some fun, I am more than happy to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment