Saturday, August 13, 2011

08.13.2011

Hopefully we are seeing the low-point of the second half. Just one game back of first and 14 games upcoming against Casper and Idaho Falls puts us in a good spot to make a run at this thing.

Everyone's spirits are still high. A win tonight and we are back in first place, tied with at least Billings. On top of that, we gain a game in the overall standings on Billings which will be huge down the stretch as far as tiebreakers are concerned.

Prediction: Kevan Smith is going to start hitting and the team is going to take off.

ANYWAY...

Yesterday I was supposed to conduct a new feature for this blog with Kevin Rath. It is called "Unplugged" in which the recorder starts and a conversation--not an interview--ensues. When I met Kevin, he informed me that plans had changed. After discussing it with his roommate, Jamaal Hollis, Rath decided the tables were gonna be turned and he was going to be interviewing me. I told him no one cares what I have to say, but he insisted. In fairness, I ask them answer my questions all of the time, so I thought it was only fair...

The "Unplugged" segment will take place and be posted in the next few days, for the record.

Before I post this, I want to say a few things about Kevin. A lot of people have the idea that Minor League baseball is filled with guys that only care about themselves and put the team's success secondary. Is that a total lie? No. Is it understandable? Yeah. These guys have goals of making it to the Major Leagues so you can't hold it against someone who feels that way. But Kevin, who has the same goals, is an absolute competitor and has made it clear how badly he wants to win at this level. The man behind the "Second Half Push," Rath is always rallying guys together in the clubhouse. Every team needs a guy like Rath. I am excited for the "Unplugged" because I think people will get to see how genuine Kevin is.

Without further ado...



So there you go. Enough of me. More of the Men of Summer. Time to turn the ship around. It starts tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment