Wednesday, June 15, 2011

06.15.2011: Working Towards the Season

Sleep has been hard to come by recently. So little time and so many players to prepare for towards this season's broadcasts. I admit that I tend to over-prepare and its something I need to learn to cut down on, although I'd much rather be on that side than under-preparing. It's not just me, though. The entire staff is working hard, completing thankless tasks, and getting down and dirty to get everything ready for the season. I got here 2 weeks ago, but I think General Manager Kattie Swartz said it best when addressing the team today, explaining how excited everyone is when she stated: "We, as a staff, have been working for nine months to make baseball possible and the season is just around the corner!"

Tonight, the work continues, as the staff is dedicating their post-work hours towards making sure everything is in order with the concessions. And thinking about ballpark food and concession stands is just making me hungry. I am a big fan of ballpark food. Whenever I go to a new sports venue, I always try and order the food item that is unique to that venue or that city.

Anyway...starting to get to know the players and the staff. I sat down with Ryan Newman, the manager, today and talked about the upcoming season and his experience growing up around baseball.



So much work to do before the season. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment