Sunday, June 19, 2011

06.19.2011: Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all, especially to my father, Alan, and my brother, Jason, who is enjoying his second official Father's Day since the birth of his almost 16-month old son--my nephew--Chase.


I am not shy to admit that my dad, Alan, is my hero. A professional soccer player from South Africa, my father, in many ways, sacrificed his dreams for the sake of our family, to ensure our safety and well being. He is someone who, in my mind, lives his life for his family.


When my parents got divorced, whether I was staying with my mom or my dad, my dad--or, "daddy" as I still call him--would always take me to school. And once I got a car, my morning would always start would a phone call to my father, something I still do to this day. I could not imagine a day that did not start with my father, in some way, shape, or form. I am very lucky to have him in my life.


Keeping it short for today but I hope you enjoy the below video. It's the first installment of the 'Inside the Dugout' series, which allows you to get to know the players a little bit better. The first subject? Returning first baseman: Leighton Pangilinan.


No comments:

Post a Comment